moved to Suffolk not long ago...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Ive not been active on the forum for a long time, moved to Felixistowe in Suffolk a while back. Wondered if theres anywhere to do some camping.
I did notice theres a Suffolk Bushcraft Group, but I refuse to use Facebook. I only have my mobile for internet access and when I try to enter that topic my phone freezes so I cant access it. Hence asking in a new thread.

I have a tarp and home made hammock set up (not used the hammock actually camping yet) Im quite happy to meet people if there is some where within reasonable distance.
Im happy to stealth camp if necessary but would prefer if someone has a permission, or at least somewhere known to be safe from shooting activities :)
I have no problem setting up/using a tarp or going to ground if need be.
I consider myself a confident novice who is quite happy to learn new skills.
Done lots of camping over the years enjoy all styles, as a kid in the scouts loved camping in the woods, venture scouts I enjoyed back packing, as Ive got older, mainly been restricted to camping out while carp fishing or when my young lad drags me out camping in the back garden using the tarp.
Ideally I would like to get back into actually camping in woods bushcraft style.

If anyones interested in telling or showing me some places to go or even teach me new skills.
Likewise if I have am seen to have knowledge you would want Im happy to share.

Charlie

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Charlie,

welcome to Suffolk, the group is on here as well, the facebook page tends to be busier due to there's others on it that are not one here, most of us are active and out quite a bit, as far as giving out spaces the only way to find out is to get to know people as good places are kept close to the chest, for obvious reasons, have a look at the Suffolk thread on here, two weeks time we have the Boone challenge then there is a monthly meet at the Permission I have near Bury st Edmunds

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Thanks for the welcome and info.
Unfortunately I cant read the Suffolk thread, phone locks up every time I have tried. Maybe its a setting, but the phone just wont load pages in that thread.
I totally understand about places being kept close to the chest.
no doubt in time I will stumble across somewhere.

hope the Boone challenge goes well.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am not sure which weekend we will do the monthly meet in October I will be getting the keys to a new house in the next couple of weeks, and it looks like moving on the first weekend of the month... not got many free weekends for the next month or so..

I'll let you know the deatils

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE