Mountian Equipment Ogre Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chr1sd

Dec 6, 2012
Newcastle
I have just bought a used Ogre Jacket in XL. The ME website size guide states the XL's are for 44-46" chest and I'm a 45" chest. The jacket seems very roomy and the arms seem especially long. The trouble is I tried a Large on in a shop and for all it seemed snug with a single layer on, It would be a bit cramped with a mid-layer on (fleece etc). I'm quite broad around the shoulders, and the smaller sizes tend to feel a little tight around the shoulder blades and under the arm pits. I know its probably personal preference, but is it best to go for the smaller, tighter fit with outer shells, or stick with the XL which is a little more roomy? cheers in advance.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I find oversize jackets useful for wearing over my waterproofs during lunch stops. Tighter jackets are more efficient but require you to remove your outer layer which may be a bit of a hassle in certain circumstances.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I have the Ogre jacket, and it is excellent. I was told beforehand that they are generously sized, so I ended up with a medium when I normally take a large. It is a little fitted but I can get it on over multiple layers.

Bottom line: the Ogre will keep you dry in heavy rain. I only use mine when the weather is really bad, so generally I want a few layers under it at that point.

chr1sd

Dec 6, 2012
Newcastle
Cheers for the replies. I think I will stick with the XL. Its a little roomy, but give some flexibility. I have mostly been wearing a couple of layers with a Montane Prism on top. I have been amazed at how well the Montane performs to be honest. One of the better jackets I have owned. I just wanted a waterproof to put over the top for when the weather gets bad when I'm out walking with the dog etc. Worst case scenario, I will buy a Large for use in the summer months. Thanks for the replies. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE