Mountain Biking Trails

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi guys,

To all those bikers out there, does anyone know any good mountain biking trails through the peak district? Like where to get on and off etc, looking for some sort of cross country, in the hills, good views etc

something like this

Mtb-in-peak-district.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Cut-gate, connects me to the peak distict for the sake of a 2hr plod, its fantastic 2 get to derwent edge, when you can see every thing !!

(non locals, start from Langset Barn) do it !!:)

That's on foot,

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
...I'm just starting out so not the most experienced rider out there! infact...not very experienced at all! :lmao:

Have you looked at the sustrans site? ~ linky thing. sustrans is a charity aiming to improve and increase the number of journeys undertaken on foot, by bike and by public transport. There's quite a bit of useful information on the site; including the National Cycle Network (link).

Unfortunately they've just run out of their free 'Free your Bike' packs for 2012. As I received mine in the past week I must have got one of the very last few :eek: ), but the page is worth linking to anyway ~ link.

All the usual disclaimers ... I have no connection to sustrans, I just find it a useful resource.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
That makes two of us ....

That's alright then, I dont think i've been on a bike in about a year... should be interesting. Thinking I might go on that bank holiday...27th august. Maybe the ladybower reservoir circuit apparently that's meant to be quite nice.

This thread is really getting me giddy for my trip to the lakes with the mtb.

Cool! when you going to the lake district? going in a squad or solo?

Cut-gate, connects me to the peak distict for the sake of a 2hr plod, its fantastic 2 get to derwent edge, when you can see every thing !!

(non locals, start from Langset Barn) do it !!:)

That's on foot,

Dont like the sound of that part! I want to go tearing down some hills (out the way of walkers obviously!) on my bike :)

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Have you looked at the sustrans site? ~ linky thing. sustrans is a charity aiming to improve and increase the number of journeys undertaken on foot, by bike and by public transport. There's quite a bit of useful information on the site; including the National Cycle Network (link).

Unfortunately they've just run out of their free 'Free your Bike' packs for 2012. As I received mine in the past week I must have got one of the very last few :eek: ), but the page is worth linking to anyway ~ link.

All the usual disclaimers ... I have no connection to sustrans, I just find it a useful resource.

Snuck in there and stole that last biscuit! aha. Thanks for the links decorum :) :notworthy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE