Mount Hood Wilderness Area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Hey all,

A good friend of mine is moving out to the US in the New Year and will be living in Portland, Oregon.

He's invited me to go and stay with him when I fancy it, and me being me I investigated the possibility of there being a Wilderness Area nearby that I could go and explore while I'm there.

Well, this has led me to reading about the Mount Hood Wilderness, which looks like a pretty interesting.

So I' thought I'd post up here and see if anybody knew anything about it - whats allowed, whats not allowed, good places to go, spots to camp in, are there bears???

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
I don't know anything about it, but three hikers were missing on Mount Hood. One body recovered, the other two still missing and the search was called off. It would appear that they left behind survival gear in order to make a faster climb. Has been in the news alot lately. Very sad situation.

Hey I know loads about Mt. Hood as I have living in Portland most of my life and choose to spend much of my time on the mountain. Short of a specific question let just say it is fantastic if you STAY out of the tourist and city camp places. Backpacking/day hiking, water sports hunting, and everything else. Personally I will plan to spend close to 2 months up there is summer. Come to Portland drink some beer (many micro brewery’s) and then go to the mountain for good times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE