Moughton Whetstones

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I've got a few bits which I'm happy to swop, take a look. (The big bench stone I'm keeping, but everything else is available), clockwise from the bench stone, numbered 1 to 6, tealight candle is in there for scale. Stones 1, 4, and 5 are 4 to 5mm thick, the others are nearer 10 - 15mm thick.

d92a818d-c565-a508.jpg

What choo got? Seriously, I'm open to offers.

Last edited:

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
BUT

From top to bottom, 7 to 14. All 10 to 12mm thick. Drilled ones now have a bit of a paracord lanyard in.

8 and 10 spoken for too

d92a818d-5305-2aa4.jpg

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
As for what I'm after, a three quarters length thermarest, right handed spoon knife, I'd love a drawknife too if there's one kicking about, but I'm open to any offers.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
Hello, I just thought I'd let everyone know that I did a little trade for a couple of these stones and they are fantastic! Not only are they gorgeous and very well flattened so they are ready for use but they work nicely too. Nick and I performed a flawless swap that went very well through the mail service.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Any of these take your fancy? What model of spoon knife is it? I've got a shallow double sided one which i don't get on very well with.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
I can't believe folks haven't been triping over themseles trying to get one of these stones! These are possibly the rarest stones available and very sought after in certain circles. for the record I'm using mine to sharpen broadheads for my upcoming waterbuffalo hunt and it's working very nicely indeed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE