Mother and daughter lost in woods, rescued after five hours.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
" Police said officers were first contacted at around 4.40pm on Friday by the pair, "

'by the pair'...That's interesting, must have been a "Help we're lost" phone call from the wood.Just as well they had a 'phone, could have been a much nastier experience for them. All's well that ends well, I'm glad they're safe.:)

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I'm struggling to see how they got lost in Cashel. There's a road runs right through it and another infront of it along the loch. Head down and there's the loch side and the road.

http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/scotland/loch-lomond/cashel-campsite

I'm glad they were found safe, but you have to wonder just how lost was lost :dunno:

M

I have got lost in my nearest woodland right next to Coombe Abbey more than once. Mind you that is because I do like to go out there at night sometimes without a torch just for the heck of it and it is rather fun trying navigate my way back out without.

I have been to those woodlands by Loch Lomond too, and agree that they were not that remote.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
I'd agree with the panicked comment, that and the fact that it is all to easy not to have to think for yourself anymore when so many people now walk around with a phone stuck to their ear......probably ordered a Pizza to be delivered too whilst they waited for rescue.

D.B.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Wonder if they had a smartphone... with GPS.
By the sound of it, I don't think this lady could even read a bearing let alone use the GPS ...
Like it was said, she probably just panicked and thought "I'm not gonna panic 😒, I'll just call emergency services..."

😂

Not saying this is what happened, just speculation really , and she did have a child with her which made it even more worrying....but , a friend of mine works in the local 999 call centre and some of the calls they get are just out of this world...
You really couldn't make it up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE