Mosi Net with Hammock Question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

OliveDrabnotDPM

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 11, 2007
North Yorkshire
I've got a Kathmandu UK hammock and have just acquired a standard, ex-military box mosi net.
The question is, how do I arrange it to completely cover the hammock?
Do I need to cut open the ends of the net so that it will drape over both sides of the hammock? If so, won't that leave me open to attack from each end?
Or do I need a hole near the top corners of the net to thread the hammock lines through, with some kind of closure to stop me being attacked?!
I'm kind of thinking out loud here but any hints, tips or advise greatfully received.

Thanks
Duncan

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
problem is it's not designed for that use,

you will have to make some adjustment to it.

I have the Mod Issue Hammock/stretcher and Mod mozzie net (box type) and I've ended up adding cords to the corners to keep it in place

the Mod net has a coated nylon skirt around the hem. you can tuck this under you (i.e. sleep on the edges) thus encapsulating you.

otherwise you'll just have to drape it over you as best as you can.

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
Well for those with an Aussie Hootchie its pretty simple, when you set up the hootchie as a basic A-Frame there are 4 little grommets designed for putting the Mozzie net up, then you just tuck the net in under you ans metioned by Rappleby2000 and sleep soundly...

Karl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE