Morning all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bionic

Forager
Mar 21, 2018
Bomber county
Hi. The names James I’ve pretty much had a lifelong interest in the outdoors (only started thinking of it as bushcraft back in the days when Ray Mears was doing snippets on Country Tracks). Living on a farm I started out with an old Webley air rifle at an early age followed by a 20 bore that I wandered around the farm with under the guidance of my grandad who also taught me the rudimentary basics of rabbit trapping etc. I spent most of my youth camping, fire lighting etc with a group of similarly minded friends and carried on in a similar fashion with occasional excursions to wilder places. Bushcraft then took a bit of a knock on the head after I got married and more seriously with the arrival of children and a back injury 7 years ago although I retained my interest in whittling and the outdoors in general. Since then my life’s centred more around the kids and the joys of 4 rounds of major spinal surgery as well as several minor procedures which have resulted in my back now being held together with a load of rods and screws as well as an implant to control the nerve pain that I have to recharge every 3/4 days (hence the choice of user name ). Hopefully I’m now coming out the other side and my interest in bushcraft seems to have been rekindled so I’m looking at regaining a bit of fitness and trying to formulate a lightweight system of gear that will enable me to get back to the fold whilst protecting what’s left of my spine. Apologies for the somewhat long and rambling post and looking forward to getting to know you all

Bionic

Forager
Mar 21, 2018
Bomber county
Sorry for the delay in replying but it’s been a bit manic around here. Thanks all for the welcome. Much appreciated.
Cheers.. Mr Austin;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE