Morels

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
:D :D :D

Happy bunny. Collected a big pile of morels first thing this morning.

twomorelsA.jpg

squirtsbigmorelA.jpg

Time do do some cookin'!

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
They're notoriously capricious are morels and have a reputation for turning up in unexpected places (you look in the woods, & they're gowing in the park on a flower bed). Most books suggest trying wasteland, gardens, along roadsides and in woodland glades that are typically not overgrown.

These ones were sitting in plain view on a load of composted bark chippings underneath which is a layer of densely chalky soil. Gallingly, I didn't spot them first, our daughter did! Have a look at this site for loads more useful info http://www.wildmushroomsonline.co.uk Keep your eyes peeled in any municipal park that uses bark chippings as a mulch, or even check your own garden if you use the stuff especially of there's chalk about.

Happy hunting!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hello Mrs Chicken...Long time no here...
Missed you at Smarty's this year.
Hows all your end..?
Some nice food you have there...

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Hi Jonny, how you doin'? Entirely my fault we missed it on account of I hadn't been logged in to read the forum so missed smarty's heads up by months - Doh! :cussing:

I can see you all had a good time though. :D

Things aren't bad with us, himself has job troubles but we're getting by & I'm still fossicking about in the bushes & teaching the Squirt what to look out for (like morels!) .

Pity we didn't make it this year, hope to catch up with everyone the next time though. :)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Jonny, how you doin'? Entirely my fault we missed it on account of I hadn't been logged in to read the forum so missed smarty's heads up by months - Doh! :cussing:

I can see you all had a good time though. :D

Things aren't bad with us, himself has job troubles but we're getting by & I'm still fossicking about in the bushes & teaching the Squirt what to look out for (like morels!) .

Pity we didn't make it this year, hope to catch up with everyone the next time though. :)

Yes, its happening again next year so make sure you all down...:D

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Lucky you! I'm struggling to find St. Georges this year - can't find a single one! Think I'll go hunting chicken of the woods instead this weekend as I know some likely spots.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE