More Michel Blomgren (bushcraft.se guy =)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
Well in the case anyone of you have missed it, it turns out Michel has not been spending his summer on the beach. Instead he went to iceland.... stone.. cold... windy... to er... walk from one end to another =)

http://bushcraft.se/iceland/

And he's editing the film right now. Can't wait to see it. I only managed 100km walk in the Swedish mountainranges from Abisko to Nikkaloukta this year but that was well enough for me :)

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Watched the trailer, looks like an amazing landscape (although not enough trees for my liking). Looking forward to seeing the film.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
HuBBa said:
Well in the case anyone of you have missed it, it turns out Michel has not been spending his summer on the beach. Instead he went to iceland.... stone.. cold... windy... to er... walk from one end to another =)

http://bushcraft.se/iceland/

And he's editing the film right now. Can't wait to see it. I only managed 100km walk in the Swedish mountainranges from Abisko to Nikkaloukta this year but that was well enough for me :)

I hope you made a visit to Enok´s Lapdånalds then ;)

ColdIron

Jun 27, 2004
Odense, Denmark
Hi,

Think I missed Enok's last time I walked that track.
Has he got any LapFish on the menu?
And do you have a GPS coordinate in case I pass
by later.

Erik

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
ColdIron said:
Hi,

Think I missed Enok's last time I walked that track.
Has he got any LapFish on the menu?
And do you have a GPS coordinate in case I pass
by later.

Erik

Enok is the man that drives the boat between Kebnekaise and Nikkaloukta (or a piece of it). He and his wife has the Kaffekåta that sells sandiwches with reindeer meet and waffle with cloudberry jam and cream and of course Lapdånalds that sells reindeer burgers. Most people stop here for a break to eat or take a look on some of the beatiful things that Enok has made or just have chat with Enok and his wife.
And in Nikkaloukta is nice place to spend the last night before going home, they have good food and cold beers. And after the dinner a short walk up to the old church is worth a visit.

There are many places in the fjälls, but some are better then others. During my trek in Sarek I found a kåta with reindeer furs inside and with everything you need if you want to spend a night instead of your tent.

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
Actually i was all out of cash and decided to walk the 19 km between Kebnekaise and Nikkaloukta at 5 am in the morning so i was sure i made the bus to Kiruna, so no boat trip and no Lappdånalds for me :)

But next year i plan to start in Nikkaloukta and stay a few days at Kebnekaise and do the summit in the beginning of the hike instead of the end. Then probably continue to Singi and down to Saltoloukta the south path.

Though after seeing the pictures im starting to dream a bit about iceland to be honest :) The airfare from Gothenburg is only about 1000 SEK ( roughly £73 ) to Iceland.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
HuBBa said:
Actually i was all out of cash and decided to walk the 19 km between Kebnekaise and Nikkaloukta at 5 am in the morning so i was sure i made the bus to Kiruna, so no boat trip and no Lappdånalds for me :)

But next year i plan to start in Nikkaloukta and stay a few days at Kebnekaise and do the summit in the beginning of the hike instead of the end. Then probably continue to Singi and down to Saltoloukta the south path.

Though after seeing the pictures im starting to dream a bit about iceland to be honest :) The airfare from Gothenburg is only about 1000 SEK ( roughly £73 ) to Iceland.

Always bring a lot of cash and loads of 20´s. Saltoloukta is paradise, speceially the food and te sauna. You will get poor very quickly there though, but who cares when you a re surrounded by beatiful girls ;-)

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Enjoyed reading the gear list:

[font=helvetica, sans-serif, arial]1 pair of shoes - check
1 jacket - check
1 pair of trousers - check
1 pair of shell pants - check
2 long sleeve thin thermal shirts - check
1 thin polyester shirt - check
[/font]
...20 lines later:

1 [font=helvetica, sans-serif, arial]Romeo y Julieta tubos No1 cigar.

Style.:cool:
[/font]

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Yay! Another film! Can't wait to see it. I've always had a romantic view of Iceland and wanted to go there, even though I have very little idea of what it's actually like. Hopefully Michael's film will show me some of what it's like.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
I've been exchanging emails with Michel Blomgren for a while now, and to give you the heads-up; I was talking to him about any other episodes/projects in the works other than his current editing of his Iceland film, and he and a friend recorded a short canoeing trip they had a few weeks back, that will be put into a small episode 5-10mins long. Also he said this weekend he will be filming a "survival cross-terrain hike with climbing/rapelling" he commented that he expects it to be really hard due to bad weather due, however the video is expected to be a little more action packed.

Also.. "The big film project for next year's vacation is a long solo alpine climbing tour in the swedish mountains (Kebnekaise and most other tops in the area) which for sure is going to be amazing." :D

Oh and if your wondering about the avaliablity of his Iceland adventure DVD, it will be nice and simple with the postage included in the price, one price for Europe & another for the rest of the world. So it should be avaliable worldwide.

I've also talked him into looking at creating a newsletter for his website, so occasionally he'll be able to keep us updated on his future projects. Hopefully we'll see that sometime soon.

I quite enjoy and appreciate his work, and Im sure you appreciate the inside scope :cool:

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Nightwalker said:
I've been exchanging emails with Michel Blomgren for a while now, and to give you the heads-up; I was talking to him about any other episodes/projects in the works other than his current editing of his Iceland film, and he and a friend recorded a short canoeing trip they had a few weeks back, that will be put into a small episode 5-10mins long. Also he said this weekend he will be filming a "survival cross-terrain hike with climbing/rapelling" he commented that he expects it to be really hard due to bad weather due, however the video is expected to be a little more action packed.

I wonder who his friend is that will climb, canoes and survive in these films :rolleyes:

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
I always wanted to go to Iceland ever since I saw Journey to the Centre of the Earth......I really wanted to find A.S. carved on a rock when I went there first time (and always looked for it when I was out and about there!). I really like Iceland! I´ve had the pleasure of going there a few times and enjoyed myself no end. It has some of the most fantasticly bleak landscapes I have ever seen! It also has some of the most fantastic beer prices I´ve seen too :eek: :lmao:
I too look forward to the film, now that I know about it....thanks :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Me too.

Unfortunatly I have never had the money, and even if I had, Im too fractious to be let near an airliner.

I dont know how Id fare on a ferry, either. (Id risk it, as they are much bigger)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE