More crazy work days in the snow - pics

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Still out most days as a taxi/recovery/go-fer chap. A large Alsatian dog tredded water for ages the other day after falling through ice, the rescue services got him out on a lilo thing then it was a quick trip to the vets. Landy hums a bit now but luckily it seems the big fellas ok.

These were from yesterday, and its not the gritting thats the prob but shifting the white stuff on the tops. Mind it was very slippy on the black ice today.

SnowOperationsJan2010105.jpg

SnowOperationsJan2010175.jpg

WINTER112.jpg

WINTER126.jpg

Where I live theres hardly any snow, a few miles up the road and its like this. Grim up north, but a right laugh at times :)

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thats quite a bit of snow fella!, looks like your enjoying it.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great pics Addo

Is that third one a drift ?

I think some of it was ploughed and then the last load that fell added to it combined with drifting from the field opposite. This pic was passed on from the boss but its been similar along many routes in the Hope valley/Buxton.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I saw the effect three hours of wind can have on cleared roads down at Ladybower on Sunday, scary stuff.

We've got a weird frozen rain/sleet falling here tonight, has been for about the last four hours and I bet there's going to be all sorts of fun and games in the morning.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I saw the effect three hours of wind can have on cleared roads down at Ladybower on Sunday, scary stuff.

We've got a weird frozen rain/sleet falling here tonight, has been for about the last four hours and I bet there's going to be all sorts of fun and games in the morning.

Aye, Im in the sticks round Ashbourne tomorrow so shall see how we go. I do fancy having a look at the Snake pass though!!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That looks treacherous tbh. Glad I don't need to be driving in it.
We had snow, and it really got in the way, but we're central enough that our main roads were cleared quite quickly. Now it's down to hard packed iced up paths.
Keep safe, thanks for the photos,

cheers,
Toddy

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Wow that snow blower looks great, fancy popping up and doing Rushup edge? its been blocked for the last few days. JCB cant get it out faster than its blowing in. On Friday I drove out from Hope valley to Macclesfield, hopped on the train 1 hour 40 mins to Euston whacking along at 130mph, folk down there couldn't understand why I thought it felt mild.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE