More coffee

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I had to throw mine in the bin. My caffeine intake just got stupid. Heart palpitations, sweats, all sorts of stuff but...
I just had to have it. More, more , more and when it was finished I cried a little then bought more. It had to go.

They make coffee to die for. I nearly did. Now I tease my coffee monkey with light offerings of instant. I want another one.
I'll resist the temptation though I am weak.

Enjoy your new pot while I feel melancholy. :vio:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Make sure tostock upon coffee beans too - with the coffee rust problem prices are likely to rise by at least 50% shortly

I've had one for a long time but ordered one on Friday for daughter and it arrived yesterday

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290775813132?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

700ml so two proper mugs worth, cheap as chips but produces a good brew.

I've had a few of these coffee makers over the years - work really well.
However I've found that you have to be really careful not to get too much heat on the handle of the cheaper copy versions, as they are inferior plastic.
Proper, classic Bialetti ones have a much tougher sort of "Bacolite" handle, so are more durable. Always dry out and store as unconnected components to avoid finding the weird white corroded Aluminium stuff inside.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bialetti of a similar size cost six times more though. I use mine on an Optimus 123, a match made in heaven :) Also remember, any heat going up the side of any pot or pan is wasted fuel.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Back when I was a keen stove collector and did daft things like boil times et al, the importance of wasted 'side flame' became apparent with little difference in real terms of flames lapping up the side of a pot to those flames just covering the base and being directly absorbed. I never did any real comparison tests but I'm confident you could save a lot of liquid fuel by adjusting the output of your stove without any great loss in boil times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE