Mora Sheath

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
My full membership is up soon, and I never considered myself good enough to be a maker.

I finished this for someone today and thought that there seemed a demand for this before.

So if there is enough interest, I'll upgrade to maker and bang a load of these out. They would be £20 plus postage and paypal costs, so about £25. They are made from 3.5mm leather dyed with oil dye. For £3 more I can do the dangler type. They come in this brown, a lighter brown or black.

Clippersheath.jpg

Would there be any interest if I were to sell these?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Looks like theres nothing wrong with them mate - if I didn't already have a leather sheath for my clipper, I'd take one!

Red

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
I've been thinking about posting and asking if anyone makes these .. no need now :)
Put me down for one if there's enough interest.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Any pics of what you refferred to as a 'dangler'? If it's what I think then it's probably the option I'd go for.

This is a dangler Switch (actually a "double dangler")

DSCN3626.jpg

A dangler has a large long loop to hang low. A double dangler can be worn on the integral loop (high carry) or on the extension loop (low carry to avoid your bergan hip belt)

HTH

Red

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
This is a dangler Switch (actually a "double dangler")

DSCN3626.jpg

A dangler has a large long loop to hang low. A double dangler can be worn on the integral loop (high carry) or on the extension loop (low carry to avoid your bergan hip belt)

HTH

Red

That 'double dangler' is what I had in mind.

If you can do one like that Dougster, I'd have one off of you for sure.

By the way, I can't see all the text from your first post as the pic has pushed everything behind the ads on the right. S0rry to be a nuisance but any chance of posting it up without the pic?

EDIT: Forget that last bit, I just hit 'quote' on your first post and it displayed all the text without the pic, so no worries. :)

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Dangler's are so much better. its only recently that i've got one and the difference it makes is amazing. sitting down etc is much more comfortable

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I've just finished one in saddletan with a D-ring on the top of the belt loop (stitched in place).

Picture.jpg

I have emailed Tony to ask to upgrade so I'll take orders now, I'll start another thread to start honouring orders and taking money when the maker thing comes through.

Left or right handed, dark brown, saddle tan or black, with a belt loop, belt loop with D ring or double dangler, priced at £25, £26 and £28 respectively, to your door, paypal included. Please state if you DON'T want it finished with mink oil.

Right, hope I haven't left anything out.

Thanks for looking

Richard

Goliath

Forager
Jun 19, 2006
Netherlands
First of all, they look great and I might order one in a while for my new Clipper :)

Question though; why did you make one with a D ring? It doesnt really make any sense to me but I guess I'm missing something ;)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
All my axe masks and some sheaths carry D Rings. I . Then I can keep my axe on my pack and just clip it onto belt or baldric when I wat to go collect / chop wood. A D ring on a knife sheath can allow you to unclip the sheath in areas where you want discretion and put the knife in a pack.

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE