mora, opinel, condor, elk ridge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Hi there, great to see a review after 12 months use, very useful. I bought a couple of the Condor Bushlores 6 months ago, one as a gift for my brother who was just starting with outdoor skills, and one for myself... because I'm a self confessed knife addict (Don't confuse this with 'expert' or 'knife nerd' because I'm a complete amateur to bushcraft!). So thought that my experiences with this knife might help inform others of a similar mind. For the money I have to agree, its a good knife with design qualities above and beyond what I expected for the outlay. My criticism, similar to yours, is that the edge 'rolls' quite easily - although this can also be corrected using just stropping without too much effort, as the steel is soft enough not to develop 'nicks' unless really abused. Basically I think it's a good knife for general 'campcraft', but, at least for me anyway (I have small hands) the blades a little too wide from spine to edge for fine bushcraft work. A plus side is that it certainly helps develop your blade sharpening / maintenance skills and has helped me learn more about 'the right tool for the right job'.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE