Mora knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds
Hi. I'm considering getting a Mora knife. There are three choices which are Mora 840m companion, Mora bushcraft training and Mora 840 classic (old style). Any suggestion about them? Thanks

outdoord

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
United Kingdom
I am very happy with my Mora Clipper 840 for £10. Great knife and very light so great when walking but feels very strong. I read many glowing reviews before purchasing.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
If you've got a Clas Ohlsen "outlet" near you, save yourself a few quid and get a "Cocraft" :
http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Cocraft-Mora-Knife/Pr309870000

It's a Mora Clipper in stainless steel-not a copy-the same knife with a few bits of light blue plastic instead of green or dark blue.

Otherwise I can't see there's a lot of difference, just be sure to shop around

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Any of the knives mentioned above will be just fine. The hultafors heavy duty does have a secondary bevel, which I've found makes doing decent feather sticks a bit more awkward, but it's still a good knife, especially at that sort of money.

Dave

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Any of the knives mentioned above will be just fine. The hultafors heavy duty does have a secondary bevel, which I've found makes doing decent feather sticks a bit more awkward, but it's still a good knife, especially at that sort of money.

Dave

Yeah, I have one. Cracking knife very solid. Much more secure sheath than the mora classic I own too.

Ultimately they are all ecpxcellent and cheap as chips.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE