Mora Bushcraft Survival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hmm.............at the right price?......They've certainly got it right, knife wise, with the series and the set up does look rather "fast"

I'm in, if the price is right. The more standard knives in the series are around £25-£30 I think, unless of course you hit lucky and find them discounted.

Steve

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
Me and my classmates was given 10knifes to test and we tested them at a 5day survival course. Before we went out to the woods one broke his clip that keeps the belt holder to the sheath, after 1 day one lost his knife due to the security clip, i think that 2-3 lost their security clip at that course and the rest is soon to follow. Some lost some of the plastic things that holds the firesteel in place. The sharpener is a coarse one so it not suited to sharpening the knife unless you have made a nick in the blade. Pictures are in the next post had some trouble fixing them:(

srry for the dubbel post needed to fix the pics and my Internet is not that fast at the moment, so the first was just to stop you from doing anything stupid :) srry for the bad grammar

Last edited:

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
The knife
DSC01063.jpg

The belt strap on the knife
DSC01064.jpg

Notice the white line of stressed plastic on the security clip
DSC01065.jpg

I broke the security clip after testing to take the belt strap on/off 3-4 times. The same thing could happen if a branch got stuck between you and the knife and you use force to break lose, the security clip would be a goner.
DSC01066.jpg

I think the pics is fixed now..

Last edited:

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
Don't know how to fix the pics and my computer is working against me and is double posting and I don't know to delete a post , well let's writhe something cheerful instead :).
The Knife is the best I have and had , it was razor sharp at the beginning and it still is after lots of abuse, the handle is constructed in a way so I can position my hand in a lot of different ways and still have a comfortable grip, it has a good grip when wet, if you shake it when it's upside down it will fall out of the sheath, so again the sheath is the problem on this knife.
My suggestion is to build your own sheath but then you will lose the sharpener and firesteel which is the reason to buy this knife, suggestion nr2 is to only use it as a neck knife because it will fall of your belt otherwise. So for some one who likes neck knifes its the knife to buy(right know I don't know the price as the knife was given me for product development)

Last edited:

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
They're working okay now by the look of it.

That evidence is good enough for me to back out of a group buy, I'm not at all surprised at the failure to be honest, I've never had any faith in the mora sheaths,that's why I started making sheaths for the Mora knives in the first place.:(

I think it's a good candidate for the Kydex moulders to imitate mind you.:)

R.B.

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
Resnikov, as we were testing the knifes before they were launched to market we were given a paper with questions on it to write a review on, I wrote that the knife was excellent but would never buy it because of the sheath and I think the rest of my class wrote something similar. I have not heard anything from Mora but I think that's enough information for them to redesign the sheath.

Hun7er

Jun 14, 2009
Harrogate
Wouldnt cost much to make a leather sheath for the knife I will when i get my Mora BC and it will still be great value and I will have a sheath that i like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE