Mora Bushcraft Pathfinder Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks like that might be aimed at the American market; most of our cousins over there seem to prefer a much bigger knife than our "standard" 4" bladed jobby...............

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
whenever someone comments about america, all i can think of is this:
kim-jong-il-team-america15.jpg

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Its a finnish special forces issue one, given to me 16-17 years ago when I was on holiday over there :)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Though the point of a 6" knife was to be able to baton larger wood. So being a stick tang it'll be interesting to see how it copes.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
It does look like Mora does Bowie doesn't it?
A bit TEOTWAWKI for my tastes.I don't understand why it's a stick tang either.
Looks more leuku than puuko I'd say but 3mm seems a bit thin for a blade of this size.
Just horrible... :confused:
Simon

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Puukko's generally are 3mm in thickness. They are every day blades for doing a multitude of tasks from cutting rope to cutting meat. a 5mm blade generally is not needed or suited for these things. The bigger Leuku is used for chopping tasks even they generally are not super thick either. Having said that looking at the knife I doubt it would have any trouble processing wood in the 3 to 4" range of width the stick tang should not impede that either. It is not a pretty knife though.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I wonder if DC will sue...

Seems not...

[video=youtube;_vHnZuEXc6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vHnZuEXc6Y[/video]

Batons it through a fairly large diameter log with no problems.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE