Monthly Build along No. 4 Something Sewn

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hi Guys

Not a specific project this month (thought i'd see what creative ideas you lot could come up with)

This months build along is simple

SEW SOMETHING

As always needs to be started and finished this month (if not no biggy lol)

it can be hand sewn, machine sewn it doesn't matter.

Can be anything from a tinder pouch, leather sheath with hand stitching, to a full set of clothes or a Darth Vader style floor length Cloak with red satin inside (for Drew) just get some material and give it a bash!!

I personally am TERRIBLE at sewing so my efforts will be laughable at best BUT i will enjoy doing it and even more laughing at the mess i make afterwards lol

Cant wait to see what you all come up with

Dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tablemats :eek: :eek:
I have a child's green wool cloak cut out too, and I'm in mid landscape quilt thingie...oh and a patchwork blanket made from scraps of everything from redcoats to blue bonnets, bushshirts to cloaks :D

M

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
i've been planning to turn an old flectarn camo tent into rain-proof smock for a while. this gives me the kick needed!

could do with a few new pounches too for that matter....

great idea these build alongs :thankyou:

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
This is a challenge for me. I have cut of the legs of some old trousers that I have been wanting to make pouches from, and I think this might be just the occasion. I`ll have a go when I get home later this month.

Jonboy83

Forager
Nov 2, 2011
Wales
does it matter what the material is that is being sewn ? I mean does ithave to be cloth or can it be leather ?

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Ok, my trouser-leg-pouch:
2013-08-13%252017.42.23.jpg

2013-08-13%252017.42.43.jpg

It took remarkably little sewing, to be honest... I turned it inside out and sewed the fabric nearest to where once the knee was together. This basically already made a pouch. I then cut a hole in the seam that is usually at the end of a trouserleg, and put some chord in there. To close it I have added a simple sliding knot.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Dam... just done loads of stuff for the Boone Challenge last month

Food Quiver, a Haversack and loads of stuff sack's out of Calico...

Also did a knife sheath and a Baccy Pouch..... all had sewing in...

what do I make next.........

Gweedo

Forager
Jun 23, 2005
Wales
Here are my efforts:

Some stuff stacks made out of some DPM Ripstop and Silnylon and a fleece reversible stuff sac pillow.

IMG_3611_zps871315af.jpg

IMG_3609_zps0e3487f3.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE