Modified Zip entry Bivy Bags (side and centre) - anyone interested?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I thought that as this was buried at the bottom of another thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29737 I would start a new one. Mods, if you wish to move it then fine - but its not strictly a Group Buy - but you might think it needs to move to that area. I'll leave it up to you.

Bivy mod news Okay....I have some more details.

Endicotts is the supplier I have been talking to - they are the ones that have some (amongst other grades) Supergrade Side Entry and Centre Entry Dutch Bivy Bags. They are very well spec'd. Triple laminate goretex, kip mat holders etc. They weight 1.3 kilos - but that's what you get for a bombproof construction.

I asked them about modifying the bags with top quality zips. There is a hefty over-flap on both but a zip would help also make it more draft-proof and weatherproof. They are at the moment getting a test one modded by their modding facility with a stock zip (good quality, heavywieght) to check that everything is satisfactory. They will get back to me with their thoughts, pictures and also a more accurate price.

A Supergrade bag with stock-zip modification would probably cost in the region of £50-60 which ain't tooooo bad for a nearly new, top quality, modded product. If we want YKK or weather-proof zips then I am sure this will cost a bit more.

I am not thinking about co-ordinating a group buy on this (having one dragging on elsewhere on this forum) but I thought if enough people expressed an interest then I could negotiate a modest discount on any orders placed by BCUK members.

I'll keep you updated - but drop a posting if you want to express an interest and that might help me get the price down for all of us...even if it is a bit.

The link to the side-entry bags are here (the centre entry piccies are not up on the site yet but I'll email Kevin Endicott and ask) http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_i...d ucts_id=641. I have told him that we are only interested in Supergrade bags with top-notch modification.

Thanks

LBL

Usual disclaimer - I have no commercial / financial connections with Endicott's etc.etc

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Andy_e - thanks for your expression of interest in one (on the previous thread)

Are the following still interested (from previous thread)?
redandshane?
tommy the cat?
bushcout1?

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Hi littlebiglane
Yes I was interested but seeing the weight and the price I dont think its for me
Nice bit of well featured kit though but to reduce my pack weight is my aim at the moment

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Thank you for all the great info on these. I am going to decline as I am looking at swags at the mo and although the weight does appeal as well as the design I am going to stick with the sewing machine> Thanks for sharing the information with members though, looks like quite a few will be happy with the product on here!
dave

LBL

I'm still interested, would like to see a picture of the centre zip version, and confirmation of prices (in particular how much more expensive a HD zip (similar to the main zip on a UK Army Goretex Jacket) would be)?

Cheers for coordinating.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE