mkettle type of water boiler

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just looked at the dims and it's smaller than I thought. Is it any gd? Thinking I cld get one, take a BPL-UK trivet and a small pot with a meths burner instead of a bigger pot, gas and burner. There was a site that said the whitebox stove cld be used with it. That right??

Anyway for someone who only books water for dried.food and brews is it an option? A light option? It's heavier than my gas and stove and pot I think when added to my cup, trivet and meths burner. Just thought I'd see of any lightweight backpackers on here use one.

Any good?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
You can save a lot of weight by foraging for fuel instead of carrying it in. In that way these things make a lot of sense. But I think if you're going to carry fuel it's probably going to add more weight than you'd like, especially on shortish trips.

I personally carry both a Ghillie kettle and a stove, but that's because I like to boil lots of water quickly. For me it's the convenience and speed of boiling lots of water at zero cost that makes it worth it. But the weight and bulk aren't usually an issue for me as I normally travel on wheels. If I were hiking I certainly wouldn't take the Ghillie, I'd take the Emberlit stove and a light pot. They would do the same job (a lot slower) plus other jobs (which the Ghillie can't really do) for about a quarter of the weight and less than five percent of the volume.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Storm kettles are excellent at one job only - boiling water quickly but they're not versatile to justify the bulk

The MKettle is cool, though and quite compact

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE