MKettle Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
few of it in use:

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
very good review, thank you,..

i like the ghille/kelly kettles ,...but i like this more,...

seems like all the niggles with the aforementioned have been adressed here...

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
:lmao: I keep coming back and reading it too.

You REALLY need one Rich, then I can have a play with yours first :p

W0lf

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2009
London
If I've got my dimensions right I think this should fit snugly inside a 12cm Zebra Billy?! (Minus the bowl which I don't use anyway.)

Does anyone know if this is true?? If do this becomes an immediate positive for me.

W0lf

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2009
London
If I've got my dimensions right I think this should fit snugly inside a 12cm Zebra Billy?! (Minus the bowl which I don't use anyway.)

Does anyone know if this is true?? If do this becomes an immediate positive for me.

Does anyone own a 12cm Zebra Billy and a MKettle?? I would really like to know if this true!

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Great review! I really like the fact you can hold it and pour the hat water, I think a lip on the pourer would be a nice mod and the afore mentioned chain / wire / cord on the bung.

Whats it like for stability though, It looks like it could fall over fairly easily?

I wonder if the maker would consider a passaround?

ATB, Jon.

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
I got this email in my mailbox when I was away for the weekend (reproduced on the senders blog) - http://www.theboilerwerks.com/2010/10/the-boilerwerks-back-from-the-wilderness/

Whoever is making these has ripped the design off the chap in the link. On one hand I think it's a bit off but on the other if the chap didn't protect his design, put it on the internet and took an age to bring it to market then it's not surprising.

Just thought I'd throw it out there :)

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Whoa. I read this thread on that US linked site. I'm not drawing any conclusions and I'm certainly not casting any aspersions. Beyond simply not buying one from the UK source out of simple respect for the work that guy put into the (obviously very, very similar) design! Chris

EdS

to be honest - from what I've been told he came up with the design himself. All of these are very similar. Both of the small ones look like min versions of the Kiwi Thermette.

My first though when I saw it was -- oh a shrunken Thermette without the handles:

http://www.thermette.com/

This basic design has been around for generations in varying guises -- only the size and minor details differ. Very likely 2 or more poeple would come up wit ha similar idea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE