Mint

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Saw the thread on the wood sorrel and thought I'd post this one. We've got a mint plant growing in a pot in the garden and its getting quite large so I'm regularly picking leaves and munching on them as I walk past. The other day I had to crop it back quite a bit (really was large) and didn't know what to do with all the leaves so in the end so I seeped them in water and made a mint tea.

Any other ideas or uses for mint???

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
*It's good in a soak for sore, hot feet :D
*It makes nice ice cubes for those long slow hot days.
*Make the tea and then add galaxy drinking chocolate :D :D
*Mint jelly.
*Mint ice cream.
*Mint ground with a little salt makes an excellent toothpaste.
*Poach a good handful slowly in a mugful water for quarter of an hour. Strain and add 8 puddingspoonsful of sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves then bring to the boil. Let it boil for three mnutes, then remove from the heat. Let it cool a little then pour into small bottles. Seal with a cork or waxed paper and a screw lid. Added to soda water or lemonade for a refreshing drink.
*If you have an alembic you can make a strong liquid that can be added to wax and oil to make a soft cream that's very soothing.
*Refreshing spritze for skin.
*Pot pourri
*Tussie-mussies

....well those are the most common uses I have for it. Nice stuff :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Ok I said the plant was big... not a plantation of it, going to have to grow some more now, too many ideas.

Cheers for that Toddy, must admit the mint icecubes sound good, as does the cordial.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got 14 different ones :D from "Eau de cologne" to "Ginger". It's a good thing :cool:
Mint used to be used to purify water, especially Pennyroyal, but I don't know just how effective it is. Nowadays there are a lot of "Don't"'s attached to Pennyroyal, but I like it.

Cheers,
Toddy

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Get a good handful of mint and a quartered lime, crush them roughly together with a pestle and mortar.
Place in a glass, including the juice, with a dash of soda water.
add some sugar or light sugar syrup.
Stir until you can smell mint.
Pour in a generous measure of good rum, like Havana Club Silver Dry, or maybe the 3 y.o.
Add roughly crushed ice, then top with soda water and a garnish of mint

Take 2 of these and call me in the morning.:beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE