minimum kit

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I was out this weekend at a site in Gower with some mates and we decided to go for a walk.
I packed my daysack with all that I thought I'd need for the day;
Honey stove
tatonka burner(full)
cup
12cm billy
spork
first aid kit
repair kit
paracord
8x6 lightweight tarp
brew kit
waterproofs
knife
main meal and snack
fire kit
water bottle and puritabs
enough room left for 2 days food
When we returned to camp I realised the only things I didn't have in my sack were a dossbag ,bivi and rollmat.If I had these then I would have had enough kit for the weekend on my back.
Any one like to guess what size my daysack was?

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Wrong ,it was one.I reckon I could do a summer weekend with everything I need in the two pockets.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Dang, just read your reply over there too :rolleyes:

I just about squeezed a summer overnight kit into an old Karrimor Hot 30 sack this year. A tiny wee Vango doss bag which packs to about the size of a grapefruit, 3/4 thermarest, nomad travel hammock and food. I reckon if went back to kipping on the deck I could get it smaller. I like my comforts now though.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Wrong ,it was one.I reckon I could do a summer weekend with everything I need in the two pockets.

I did - albeit 2 LA pockets. It's amazing how little you need. I plan to try and do a weekend with only one ... just to see if I can - curiosity ...
In the beginning I took a full 100 ltr bergen @ 20kg, for 1 night :confused: :eek: I found it personally a bit over the top: all that gear, for such a short period, hence I took up the idea to change that - and I did, scary - but I learnt alot by just doing it and leave all the comfort out :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE