Mini gps trackers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Following a search of the amazon and finding hundreds of results, all with contradicting reviews I thought accessing the BCUK hive was a wise move.

whilst out walking my daughters spaniel while she was isolating with covid I thought it would be fun to see the difference in where he went compared to me whilst off the lead (my guess is at least 3x the distance I walk)

has anyone got one of the small (cheap) gps trackers that actually work? I know I could get a airtag but I dont want to throw that much at what is essentially a fun whim. I’m looking for a direct recommendation for something I can attach to his collar, works and won’t make me cry when it falls off when he is in the middle of a hedge :biggrin:

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Have you thought about LoRaWan? They use a range of frequencies and as an amateur you can use more power than unlicensed people on the right frequency. They come with a a range of add on modules including GPS etc

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Thought LoRaWan was a single frequency per region at least, EU was 868MHz.
Been a while since looked at it, https://meshtastic.org/
Still seems the hardware is still shipping as bare boards.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Ah, been ages since I chatted to anyone about bit. I thought it worked on most of the ISM frequencies like 433-?, 866-? But like I say it's been a while and not something that I have done anything with

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
When I’ve tracked my dog on odd occasions to see the speed she could reach, I just attached my running watch - Garmin forerunner 220 - to her collar. If I wanted, I could then compare my walk by tracking direct from my phone through Strava, etc.

Reactions: Winnet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE