Sold Mini clearout. Knives, rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
A few items for sale folks. All prices include fees and postage. Thanks BCUK.

MLL small knife. Ideal as a neck knife or for those with small hands. £Sold
Bushtool style knife and LMF Firesteel (slightly used). Had this years - I think it was made by someone off here? £Sold
Karrimor Alpinste 65 litres (used condition but everything working. £Sold
Original Survival Aids non stick mess tin lid / frying pan £Sold
Montane lined windshirt - like Rab Vapourise / Buffalo Activelite etc Size M. Couple of pin holes, used condition. £Sold

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
That’s a blummin good catch! Nice one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I more want to handle one for a bit as its a knife style Im not au fait with. ( although a knife is a knife )

If I'm looking to move it on later shall I get in touch with you???

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
How old is the rucksack?

Is the coating still OK?

Do you have side pouches for it or do you know which currently available would fit?

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
How old is the rucksack?

Is the coating still OK?

Do you have side pouches for it or do you know which currently available would fit?
Age, not sure my guess would be 25 yrs old. It’s from that era. The coating is in v.good condition with no peeling as far as I can see. It’s a pack designed for mountaineering so there were no side pockets, I believe. That said it’s a standard Karrimor fit so side pockets from an old Karrimor Condor etc (with the plastic backing) should fit. None of the newer zip styles (Berghaus or Karrimor) will work however. There is some wear to the lower back pad from use. This is a classic vintage rucksack and is sold as such.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
What is the exact weight of it?

Would you please put it on your kitchen scales?

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
As far as I see from the fotos it doesnt has an adjustable carrying system. For which body might is this rucksack made in your opinion?

How tall are you? Does it fit to your back well?

Is it made in Britain or Asia? As far as I am informed the production moved and with it the quality changed.

How is it organised? Just one main compartment with draw string closure and additional snow collar with second draw string closure? Does the main compartment has any zippers in the fabric or not?

Is there in the flap inside another little compartment or are the two visible flap pouches accessible from outside all?

Is another compartment or pocket inside somehow?

Is that Cordura Nylon 1000 denier or lighter Nylon? Or is it made of polyester with PU coating?

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Somehow my atocorrection programme loves to joke. And the Editing function doesn't work currently.

For which body height is that made?
I mean off course.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
As far as I see from the fotos it doesnt has an adjustable carrying system. For which body might is this rucksack made in your opinion?

How tall are you? Does it fit to your back well?

Is it made in Britain or Asia? As far as I am informed the production moved and with it the quality changed.

How is it organised? Just one main compartment with draw string closure and additional snow collar with second draw string closure? Does the main compartment has any zippers in the fabric or not?

Is there in the flap inside another little compartment or are the two visible flap pouches accessible from outside all?

Is another compartment or pocket inside somehow?

Is that Cordura Nylon 1000 denier or lighter Nylon? Or is it made of polyester with PU coating?
Made in the UK before Karrimor was sold off. Average height I would guess - 160-175cm. No other adjustments. One main compartment with drawstring and second drawstring snow collar. Just the two lid pockets, no other pockets. No other access zips. Fabric - not sure, it’s pretty tough probably Cordura.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
@Wushuplayer

This would probably be a good 3 seasons rucksack for you if the carrying system fits well to your back.

It's simple made and simple made stuff is long lasting constructed. This brand was well known for good quality as long as the stuff was made in Britain.

Without too much zippers it's a good idea for transporting a sleeping bag on a motorbike. The construction is relatively water proof and aerodynamic.

Side pouches which fit can be searched later. If you don't find original ones, universal fitting existed in this time too which perhaps will come along at Ebay or are still in production.

Often people manage to attach old military pouches to theyr rucksacks too.

This looks to me like a good offer for a beginner who wants to use a rucksack like you plan to do it.

It's quality stuff for a usual military surplus price but surely not so much and hard used like a military surplus rucksack and the construction is lighter than most military surplus rucksacks of this size, and that is a good reason to think about it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE