Miltec tarp or Dd tarp ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I've got both - the DD gets more use due to its handy 3x3 size/shape, but i wouldn't write off the mil-tec. Its a little smaller and lighter than the DD, and my example at least is well made. I've used it a fair bit over the past 6 yrs or so, and its stood up well. In actual fact, i suspect that the fabric is probably a little more durable than the DD - and its true that the PU coating on my DD tarps is feeling off in a few places - e.g. where it has a tendency to crease in the same spoot when folded into its bag.

Reactions: Scots_Charles_River

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
There was a review here about the Mil-Tec tarp a few years ago.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I would go with DD even though in the long term it will delaminate. Surprisingly the most durable tarp I have ever owned has been Webtex, which is actually better than issue, I just wanted something a bit bigger so I graduated up to a big DD tarp which is versatility incarnate.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I generally recommend to avoid any Mil-Tec products.
Changing Asian factories produce changing qualitys and most of it fails in very short time. The stuff simply falls in pieces.

There are other makers on the market that one could try out. Helikon Tex for example, Solognac, or whatever.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE