millbank bag question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FarPoint

Jan 15, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Can anyone see a reason why not to keep your millbank bag hanging suspended in the lake or river all the time? At times access to the water can be a bit difficult and so to hang on to the shrub and reach over with the bag and keep squeezing the air out can be a nuisance. Last time out I just kept the bag suspended from a tree in the lake, pulled it up by the paracord when needed and the water flowed out of it beautifully. Is there something I am missing?

All those who wander are not lost--JRR Tolkien

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Depends what you are using it for---A millbank is a filter rather than a purifier, it will only filter out some of the debris in water, not contaminants, thinks like leaves, weeds and to some degree soil type particles.

If the water is clear then there is little point filtering it, but it might need to go through a purifier type filter.

Hope that helps:D

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
well you may have contaminated the outside of the bag with the stuff you're trying to filter out, but as long as you let the first bit of water down to the line run to waste to clean the outside of the bag I can't see a problem...

unless you catch a fish in it LOL!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE