Military Mart cancelled order

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I ordered a cyclops Vulcan 2 (used/issued) £76.00 with p&p on Sunday from MM got all the email confirmations and follow up emails to say it's been dispatched etc.
I've just had an email saying the order has been cancelled due to lack of stock and you will be refunded? When I made the order there were 6 in stock. I've just phoned up to query it and was told there is a problem with the stock numbering on the site.
Anyone else had this with MM?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've found them very good, having used them a fair bit in the run of time, but I wouldn't be best pleased if they confirmed the order and then said it's been despatched before cancelling and refunding.............
I think I'll continue using them but will take Paul's advice and call them to check before ordering.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I must say I'm pleased at the no fuss refund, bit disappointed with the lack of rucksack!! Another question is that about the right price for what I ordered or had they made a mistake with the pricing?!

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
An otherwise excellent supplier who just don't keep their web pages up to date. I live locally and have gone to buy something based on the fact that the web page says it's in stock - only to find they don't have any.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have had that problem twice in the past, computer says they have stock but they don't, both times I have had to wait at least a week before I got a refund. If I can avoid using them I will

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Not really good enough when all it takes is a few clicks of a mouse, and replies to emails are just as slow regarding refunds, but not sales related questions though.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
I have not had the problem with Military Mart, but had similar hassle with other companies recently, including polimil.co.uk, who have not managed to get their stock control system properly integrated with their web site.

Is is frustrating to place an order for an item that is apparently in stock, only to find out several days later that they don't have any after all.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
What about military 1st does anyone have good feedback on them?
Also the rucksack I'm looking at is made by MFH ??? Any good

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
An otherwise excellent supplier who just don't keep their web pages up to date. I live locally and have gone to buy something based on the fact that the web page says it's in stock - only to find they don't have any.

I did the same but it's a good 1/2 hour drive for me, the site said 16 in stock but there were non when I arrived. Other than that I am a happy repeat customer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE