midsummers solstice in a very special place

Celebrating the solstice in a very special place can't get much better than this. 3 of us, all with some kind of disability walked in to the Tranquil Water on one of the hottest days of the year and it was magical as we celebrated in our own quiet ways.
A bivi fit for the gods...
june09lochannahtranquil023.jpg

june09lochannahtranquil011.jpg

Just behind the bivi is another awesome view...
june09lochannahtranquil026.jpg

An awesome view from the bivi in the morning. Imagine waking up at 6am after a wonderful warm and deep sleep to a view like this?
june09lochannahtranquil017.jpg

The lochan lies just in the left of the picture. And the walk in is pretty spectacular too but tough :eek: .
june09lochannahtranquil049.jpg

june09lochannahtranquil043.jpg

Enjoy

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
you really shouldn't view been Scottish as a disability :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have to ask....tarp, 2 x poles, some cord, bivi bag, your rucksac is huge, just exactly HOW MUCH beer did you pack in there ???

Cracking pictures by the way, i was stuck at work, not jealous in the slightest !! :sulkoff:

"Ed's... it's our neighbours that are our disability us!" :p

As for the size of the rucksack...well I'm tee total so no alcohol I'm afraid, the bulk of the bag was my arctic sleeping bag and airbed as I like to be comfy when I'm out!

And as for fish, yes we all caught fish on the fly but in lochans such as this which are quite some distance from anywhere they rarely get fished except by black throated divers so they are full of literally thousands of small trout 3 or 4 to the lb. The biggest was caught by my buddy and at half a pound was a lovley fish.

It is definatley getting harder to find quiet and wild places in Scotland such as this but when you do it's best to share just pictures and not locations...keep them special and if you are prepared to go out there and look, then you will be very well rewarded.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Shewie...I have a broken spine with a harthill frame (cage), similar to this:
http://www.davidbracey.co.uk/spinal_fusion_files/image002.jpg in place and if my back is not kept very warm my pain is excruciatingly worse. So it's a case of needs must.

One day Shewie my friend you may have to be flexable in your approach to bushcraft in order to be able to practice it :)

For some reason I thought you had a dodgy knee, sounds harsh fella.

Is hammocking not good for you then ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE