Midland bushcrafter recruiting fellow bushcrafters/wild campers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teenwolf

Jul 2, 2016
West Midlands
Hi, ive tried asking this question a few times before but not had much response, so i'm hoping that 2017 is going to be the year! I want to find out if anyones interested in doing a wild camp together with 3 or 4 people. Get together and organise a weekend away somewhere in the UK. Yes i've seen the other meetups happening but I want to go somewhere a bit more scenic and a bit more wild. If there are a few people interested then perhaps we can share some thoughts and ideas, even meet for a drink if its practical.

I'm based in the Midlands, have intermediate knowledge of bushcraft, but im also into hiking and walking. I own a hammock, tarp, axe, knife, sleeping bag, cooking and fire lighting equipment. SO come on lets get together and plan something, i am sure there are a few others out there who are up for the experience.....

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
See now there's the problem as I see it, wild camp UK, it's not legal, yes there are meets held, on permissions, if you're gonna do it you have to be stealthy, in out no trace, not advertise it from the 'forums' best of luck though.

EDIT:eek:f course there are a few exceptions in the UK where it is allowed ;)

Teenwolf

Jul 2, 2016
West Midlands
See now there's the problem as I see it, wild camp UK, it's not legal, yes there are meets held, on permissions, if you're gonna do it you have to be stealthy, in out no trace, not advertise it from the 'forums' best of luck though.

EDIT:eek:f course there are a few exceptions in the UK where it is allowed ;)

Yep, i see your point, here's hoping that maybe someone knows of a place where we can ask permission.....

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
I have recently been offered the use of some land for a minimal fee per night. I havent been over to check it out yet but it's a little more north than the mids up in Lancs.

I will check it out over the next couple weeks and if it's a goer then I will post up if anyone is interested.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I have recently been offered the use of some land for a minimal fee per night. I havent been over to check it out yet but it's a little more north than the mids up in Lancs.

I will check it out over the next couple weeks and if it's a goer then I will post up if anyone is interested.

Sounds good, post up some pictures as well if you will :)

Teenwolf

Jul 2, 2016
West Midlands

Nice one, please keep us posted....

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
No worries I will. I also work for a company who happens to own literaly an unbelievable amount of land including more woodland than you could shake a tree at [57,000 hectares].... But contacting someone with enough clout to give me the thumbs up to use it is proving to be an exercise in frustration.

May 2, 2017
Lichfield
Hi all. Im from the midlands and Ive recently joined the forum and would love to meet up. I am a novice and appreciate if you dont want a novice along but I would love to come and meet up. Im a seasoned camper and can look after my own but meeting up and gaining any knowledge would be awesome.

Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE