Midgies, damned midgies :sigh:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm *trying* to shift a couple of tons of soil from one flower bed that I don't want where it is to a fruit bed the other side of my garden. It's a lovely day, it's mildly sunny, calm and peaceful.........and every time I step out the back door I get eaten alive with the midgies :rolleyes: :( :soapbox: :AR15firin

So it's back in, find the Autan, find the midgie jacket and back outside.....by this time I'm roasted, so back in, take off the fleece, find an old tshirt, back on with the midgie jacket, and back to work.
Then the phone goes :rolleyes: , boots off, gloves off, back inside..........
Back outside, "Any chance of some lunch ? ".....boots off, gloves off, jacket off, back inside..................

and it's gone on, and on, like that all bloomin' day.

I give up. I've had enough.

Midgies, in October ? :( :(

cheers,
'Toddy.............coffee at hand and a gluten free jammy dodger with my name on it :D

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Wow, thats nasty. I had thought the wee blighters had given up for the year. Not saw any around here or Loch Eck for a good while.. I feel for you, I really do. It's not so much the biting I can't stand it's them crawling on the skin.. *shudder*

As I see it you only have one real option, get them who are demanding food to go out and do it for you, while you sit back and supervise from the safety and comfort of indoors.. :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You must taste real good Toddy, I too had thought they'd all retired for the autumn now, considering there were none at Achray a few weeks ago I thought they were all done for now.

Maybe you've disturbed their nest with all that digging ?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I heard that burning dried bramble leaves as a smudge deals with them, the ideal way to do it whilst on the move is to crush the leaves up and smoke them in a pipe. No idea if you should inhale though! I haven't ever tried this, so cannot say it is a definite, but it may be worth a go. I wonder if one of those incense burners that the church use could be used for the job? The vicar may take exception to you twoc'ing it though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE