Mid-Wales and the Borders Bush Camp - 23rd - 25th October *** IMPORTANT NEWS ***

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
I would be interested in attending in the New Year as long as I am not on call that weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Hi All,

With Covid regulations being relaxed is there any interest in planning this again for maybe June or July time?

Reactions: pjjcarroll

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
It is my intention to get over there in the next couple of weeks to review the site (there are a couple of options that need considering). As soon as I've done that I'll propose some dates.

Good to hear Broch, looking forward to hearing more

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yep, I'm trying to sort out how we handle the use of the toilet/shower block within the current rules of 'organised events'. It's not clear if we can just get away with 'everyone wipes down with disinfectant wipes after use' as a strategy. So, whereas we can meet outside maintaining social distance within the rules, it is much more difficult to use communal space; camp sites etc. have dedicated cleaning staff. On top of that, the facility owners of the facility are talking about a 'deep cleaning' fee which could be excessive if only 6 or so of us turn up (note, this isn't the bunk house).

Reactions: FerlasDave

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Yep, I'm trying to sort out how we handle the use of the toilet/shower block within the current rules of 'organised events'. It's not clear if we can just get away with 'everyone wipes down with disinfectant wipes after use' as a strategy. So, whereas we can meet outside maintaining social distance within the rules, it is much more difficult to use communal space; camp sites etc. have dedicated cleaning staff. On top of that, the facility owners of the facility are talking about a 'deep cleaning' fee which could be excessive if only 6 or so of us turn up (note, this isn't the bunk house).

Difficult I'm sure as information is sketchy on such things to say the least!

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
OK, how about booking something ahead so we've got time to organise. I'll contact the sites and see what is available (neither were prepared to commit a couple of weeks ago) - can I suggest the weekend of the 3rd and 4th September? I know that seems like a long way off but the Moot is around the corner and, also, I think we'll be in a better place by then especially with use of common areas like loos.

Reactions: FerlasDave

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
That would be a great idea, will be nice once the school holidays are over and things should be quieter then too.

In the meantime, I’ll look into a day out on the clywedog or something too.

Reactions: Broch

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE