Mid-Wales and the Borders Bush Camp - 23rd - 25th October *** IMPORTANT NEWS ***

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
*** CANCELLED *** - sorry, but as from next Friday 23rd October Wales is in Lockdown :(

This camp is planned around the Hafren Bunkhouse from Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th October (2 nights).

I don't intend to be sitting at the camp fire on my own :) - so, before I confirm arrangements with the Bunkhouse and others can you please all decide if you intend to come by adding your names to the list below (subject to there being no changes in the Covid-19 rules by then). Sorry to be a pain, but there is no way of me knowing the support for this otherwise. I would suggest we need a minimum of six people to attend to make it worthwhile.

For clarity, we are still allowed for up to 30 people to meet outdoors in Wales subject to maintaining social distancing. It is up to you to decide if you think it is a responsible thing to do (bring people together from different areas) or not. Some of you that expressed interest in coming will not be able to do so as things stand now because of travel restrictions. Bizarrely, if you're in a lock-down area in England you can still travel to Powys but from North and South Wales you can't!

1. Broch + 1

Last edited:
Reactions: pjjcarroll

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I still hope to make it, though I don't know what sleeping plans I'll use and I may have to pop back to Trog HQ at some point on Saturday.

1. Broch + 1
2. Ogri the trog

Reactions: Broch
I’m in (took the Friday of work). Social distancing is very important but I’m sure we are in a good place for that. Good mental health is also paramount and sharing experiences around a fire is good for the soul.
Everybody should do what they think is best for them and be respected, naturally, for that.You know the place, so can decide whether a lower maximum needs to be set so everybody is comfortable.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Sorry guys Iam currently self isolating due to an exposure to COVID-19 and awaiting results of my test. I’m going to be off work for a couple of weeks and then flat out for about a month catching up so I am going to have to miss this one

Interested in a future meet at the same or similar location in the future when things get back to some measure of normality.

All the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wushuplayer

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2020
London
I'm up for it, unless weather is horrendous! So might flake out at last min :)

1. Broch + 1
2. Ogri the trog
3. Pjjcarrol
4. Wushuplayer

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I’ll be there provided things don’t get any worse for us at the moment. As long as I can be within 2 meters of the fire! ;)

1. Broch + 1
2. Ogri the trog
3. Pjjcarrol
4. Wushuplayer
5. Davey569

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Sorry guys Iam currently self isolating due to an exposure to COVID-19 and awaiting results of my test. I’m going to be off work for a couple of weeks and then flat out for about a month catching up so I am going to have to miss this one

Interested in a future meet at the same or similar location in the future when things get back to some measure of normality.

All the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope your test comes back ok, maybe we could get a Christmas meet up if things go well?

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
1. Broch + 1
2. Ogri the trog
3. Pjjcarrol
4. Wushuplayer
5. Davey569
6. Soldierpmr
7. Neil

still up for it hopefully local restrictions will be over by then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE