meths, woodburners and combined meths/wood stoves

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
what is out there. BPL-UK sell a lot but other than the usual triad, decagon, whitebox, honey, trangia, mini-trangia, bushcooker/buddy, mkettle and various ghillie kettle types, caldera cone and AGG cookset based on a can stove I can not think of any others.I really can't think of any others and am interested in trying something new.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Vargo Ti:

honeyvsvargo2.jpg

First outing last weekend at Rose Wood Meet:

vargoti3.jpg

vargoti4.jpg

Most impressed, will be getting rid of both my Honey Stove and Trangia Click at some point.

You Tube Review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzPhPrmfTNE&feature=related

HTH

Last edited:

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
Most impressed, will be getting rid of both my Honey Stove and Trangia Click at some point.

I tried that stove for a little while but found the hinge more of a nuisance after a while- Ordering a new Emberlit stove soon in Ti which is my favorite although im using the stainless at the moment. The mini version looks too.
I used to like hobo stoves allot but fund my self going to wood burners that flat pack

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Don't forget the Army Trangia set-up. you can use the windshield as a woodburner - works well too in that mode.

There's also the american Pocket Cooker - folds down nicely and burns wood well (and like the Emberlit you can feed long lengths of wood into it), but pretty heavy.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Wild woodgas stove for me with an evernew alcohol stove as back up ( this works well inside it)

P1020667.jpg

P1020666.jpg

P1020650.jpg

The wood stove and its red stuff bag fits perfectly inside either an evernew 1.3 ltr pot or an msr 1.3ltr pot

P1020964.jpg

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
What's the square stove in the bottom left of the photo below the bacon and eggs photo? It looks abt the size of the,pocket stove but isn't that.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... other than the usual triad, decagon, whitebox, honey, trangia, mini-trangia, bushcooker/buddy, mkettle and various ghillie kettle types, caldera cone and AGG cookset based on a can stove I can not think of any others.I really can't think of any others and am interested in trying something new.

Seek help. :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Titanium Martin? :rolleyes:

Yep Ged. :)

It was there, I had the money, I wanted something that you could put together quickly, in the cold and one handed if need be.

I would of liked a Kuenzi stove TBH as that fits the above criteria also.

The fact that it's lighter then the Honey Stove is a bonus too. :)

No; I haven't gone over to the dark-sidevader.gif

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE