Tiny Meths Bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

legin

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2009
Spalding
I've got a small meths stove like the homemade coke bottle ones with an MSR titanium Titan kettle with a Trail Designs Caldera Cone and I replaced their flimsy burner with a more robust one. I have had a small plastic bottle to hold enough meths for a couple of days use as the system is very efficient. but the bottle is now past its best.

Any ideas for another very lightweight meths container to carry about 150 - 200mls?

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
There are quite a few ladies hair products that are in that size.

They seem to do the job nicely, nice sturdy plastic and secure closing threaded lid.

Pete

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
There are quite a few ladies hair products that are in that size.

They seem to do the job nicely, nice sturdy plastic and secure closing threaded lid.

Pete

+1 for this - or the travel size mouthwash bottles. Haven't had one leak yet.

thanks
Tim

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
Another one to look out for is Contact Eye cleaner bottles they are 250ml and also come with a single hole to allow accurate "squirting" of the liquid plus leak proof cap.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Mine came from eBay. Search for tattoo ink bottle. A few sizes available and come with a dropper top so you can squirt it.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Long shot; spotted the bottles used for e cig liquids, different sizes and as above, a dropper top. If you know a 'vaper' then tap 'em up for their empties!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
I don't know if I have just been very lucky but for several years I have been using the brown bottles that come in various sizes with prescription tablets in from the chemist, they come in both glass and plastic and in several sizes with the 'child-proof' tops on them. They look as if they ought to leak with the apparently 'loose' fitting tops but as I said I have used them for several years and they remain filled and in several kits dotted around various bags and boxes and so far I have not had a leak.

DB

Apr 10, 2015
Fife, Scotland
I've found this website handy for tiny bottles with any cap type you would possibly want! They have some handy information in the technical section about chemical resistance too!

http://www.ibottles.co.uk

I'm not affiliated with this lot...I'm just a bit OCD and for organising things I need suppliers like these!

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE