Meths Pressure Stove Problems

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
It didn't occur to me that too much pressure could put the flame out but it does seem to be the case from your vid Marko that like Martyn said it's the priming fuel igniting the jets and when spent the stove goes out?

Steve.

leon-1

I have made a lot of Photon Stoves, you have too much pressure. The only thing that keeps this thing alight is the priming tray due to it flaming up over the edge of the can.

The original photon stoves required three rows of holes. 4 holes on the outer rim for heating the edge protruding up around the top can (on this design the top can fitted within the bottom can), 8 holes around the rim itself which faced directly up and finally 8 holes on the inside of the rim, these faced in to a single focal point at the center of your billy can.

Now you can use a tomato puree can as the bottom can as this will optimise space for fuel.

The way I am looking at it you have always been at least 4 holes short (do remember that the original photon stove was made from a full sized can so there was more surface area to heat withe fewer jets). Decrease the internal pressure by increasing the amount of jets. This will hopefully mean that the flame will sit on the can rather than floating above it, you'll then get thermal exchange allowing the stove tos self perpetuate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE