Messenger style bushcraft bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
I have a British Army gas mask bag (multicam) that I have modified slightly. Will post pics if I can dig it out. One large main pocket (gusseted to allow gasmask), two side pockets. Popper and velcro closure. I have added more poppers and covered the main flap velcro to make it quieter, and added a paracord grab handle. It is great but the shoulder strap is a bit narrow and utilitarian. Cheap too; less than £10 last summer.
Search ebay for british army respirator bag mtp

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Projeckt I was looking at oneof those at Dorset steam fair last year walked away, it was either £5, or £10.
Gutted! Looking back, I paid £6; I initially it was a halloween costume prop for my daughter but I liked it and stole it back!
I'm going to upgrade the strap to a Maxpedition 50mm or Hazard4 one. I'm a big guy and like comfort!!

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
Anyone used a messenger style bag, for day trips or simple overnighters

I have one of the bags in the link, and use it for simple bimbling through the woods, not used for an over-nighter, and I expect it to be too small. I use it to carry a water bottle, dog lead, snacks, and whatever I find when I am out. It is well made, and has lots of pockets/features that makes using it enjoyable.

Reactions: moocher

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
I have one of the bags in the link, and use it for simple bimbling through the woods, not used for an over-nighter, and I expect it to be too small. I use it to carry a water bottle, dog lead, snacks, and whatever I find when I am out. It is well made, and has lots of pockets/features that makes using it enjoyable.
Thank you coldfeet, most helpful reply. I am veering towards a gasmask bag tbh. As lot cheaper.

Reactions: Coldfeet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE