Messages to Santa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
i am a bad bad boy. so i guess i am not going to get anything for crimbo, again. but still, if you feel like rewarding me anyway, or at least making up for all the years of my childhood before i learned how to be a bad boy, for the dodgy second hand crap you pawned off on me, (bad enough growin up poor as dirt, but havin the toffs at school out-doing you with santa as well! really lets a poor kid know his place in the world) maybe you could do an early trip to my place (i have lots of drink put by) and point me in the direction of a harvord referencing tutorial that makes sense for my simple brain. maybe even you could have a read-through of my essay for me? i am sure with all the other neat feats you can pull off essay writing is easy for you. if you would like to do this, the essay is due in friday morning, so it would be good if you could do it before then.

p.s. and if you are feeling super generous this year, feel free to replace my graphics pc, which was fried last night due to a power spike. it was only worth many thousands of quid. :(

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Dear Santa,

I know you visit this site and probably login under a pseudonym. I'm sure a few of us might like to leave their messages for you.

Well here's my message for Santa if he visits this site........................ I'm still waiting for my chuffing Action man with gripping hands, real fuzzy hair, eagle eyes and a little grey tag on his chest (that when you pull it he says stuff), that I asked you for in 1973............eh? :cussing:

Dear Santa,

I know you visit this site and probably login under a pseudonym. I'm sure a few of us might like to leave their messages for you.

Well here's my message for Santa if he visits this site........................ I'm still waiting for my chuffing Action man with gripping hands, real fuzzy hair, eagle eyes and a little grey tag on his chest (that when you pull it he says stuff), that I asked you for in 1973............eh? :cussing:

How uncanny I actually got one of those in 1973 and didn't really want it or ask for it!!!!:lmao:

I must of had yours.
clip_image002.jpg

Bodge

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dear Santa,

I rather suspect the problem was that the Eagle Eyes model wouldn't be invented for another three years :lmao: . Gripping hands came out in '73 though....:D

http://www.actionmanhq.co.uk/pages/history.html

I remember cos I was way past interested when the eagle eyes came out .....Action Girl maybe ;)

Red

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Dear Santa,

For this year, I don't which for any earthly goods.
This last year, work has taken too much of my valuable time, and there simply hasn't been enough of it left for the things I really want to do.
For this year, I only wish for you to give me all the free time I could want for. Time to go out in Mother Nature to enjoy bushcrafting and to have fun with all of my new toys (which I have amassed over the year). Time to see the forests and fields, hills and mountains whilst enjoying the comforts of a crackling campfire. Time to spend with the better half and likeminded friends, sharing stories and laughs.
If you do this, I promise I'll serve you your christmas pudding with a hand-carved spoon which is gentle to the mouth, smooth to the touch and a pleasure to the eye.

/ Karl

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Christmas Question.

Traditionally Santa leaves coal instead of presants if someone has been bad....
what does he leave behind for blade smiths that have been bad?
:D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
All I want for Christmas Santa is for you to make my wife want me to have all the gear I want instead of her moaning every time I buy something new.
I'm not asking alot after all I have given you mince pies and booze every year for as far back as I can remember and I've left food for your reindeer.
So Santa c'mon please help me out here!
Your supposedly married mate so you must know what it's like!:rolleyes:

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
All I want for Christmas Santa is for you to make my wife want me to have all the gear I want instead of her moaning every time I buy something new.
I'm not asking alot after all I have given you mince pies and booze every year for as far back as I can remember and I've left food for your reindeer.
So Santa c'mon please help me out here!
Your supposedly married mate so you must know what it's like!:rolleyes:

Flippin' 'eck Greg, it's gifts - not miracles mate :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Y'know, you lot have it easy.
Himself is the one who says, "Another knife :eek: ", and "Just how many rucksacks do you have?":confused: and "Why do we need a super, lightweight, all titanium, superbly designed, ultimate something or other????" and "Tell me you're actually going to burn that!" and "You know that's neat, your hairpins match your earrings that match that, that......what *is* that green thing you're wearing? " :rolleyes: and " I have to say, that looks like compost to me. Dinner.....you're sure?" :( and "See these bones? ( Insert bits of dead animal of choice :eek: ) Tell me again what you're going to do with them? and " Whoa, I am not eating that! (Ostrich egg that was really, really humming :D ) and " That bottle of stuff...... that brewed stuff.....what did you put in it?" :11doh:

I sometimes wonder about the M/F divide in bushcrafting circles, I reckon it's just hunter gathering and everyone knows women provide most of the daily necessities of H/G societies.
You just need to persuade your females to H/G for you in the right shops, gentlemen. To provide you with suitable clothing and equipment to go out there and face the trees properly equiped and a credit to her care and attention. A badly dressed and unkempt bushcrafter is a poor reflection on his better half. :naughty: :D

It's got to be worth a try ;)

cheers,
Toddy

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Y'know, you lot have it easy ... I sometimes wonder about the M/F divide in bushcrafting circles, I reckon it's just hunter gathering and everyone knows women provide most of the daily necessities of H/G societies ...

Toddy: :35: ... and we know why men took up hunting in the first place don't we :lmao:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hehehehe

I'm sitting here remembering a conversation in October

BB to Red "So what can I get you? Another Lee Reeves? Something from Stu? How about some new boots......"

All I want is another year with Bushbaby - man am I lucky!

After seven years I got the itch last night and told her what I really wanted - I got it too - we're getting married :D

Red

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well done Red!
Congrats from a bloke who found the right lady when he was 18 years old and has managed to hold onto her for 32 years - when you find the right one GET A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT!
And it sounds like you found the right one for you!
Have you set a day yet?
:) :deal:

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Dear Santa,

I don't believe you exist and won't until you bring me a Karrimor Sabre 100 litre please.

Ta

PS: If you try coming down my chimney watch out for the claymores :lmao:

My kids are convinced he's coming in a motorhome :confused:

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Hehehehe

I'm sitting here remembering a conversation in October

BB to Red "So what can I get you? Another Lee Reeves? Something from Stu? How about some new boots......"

All I want is another year with Bushbaby - man am I lucky!

After seven years I got the itch last night and told her what I really wanted - I got it too - we're getting married :D

Red

Congratulations to the both of you.

From Simon & Janet.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Red

Congratulations :D and all our good wishes for many more happy years together.

atvb,
Toddy...29 years married this February....damn, but that happened fast :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE