Merseyside recommendations??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beneechi

Jun 26, 2011
liverpool
Hi all, I'm getting back into the outdoors after a looong lay off and am looking for good hike/camp location suggestions. I guess noth west and north Wales is cool too. It's mostly solo stuff with the occasional sprog.

Thank in advance.

Ian.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Have you looked at some of the coastal regions Southport to is it Ainsdale? I wonder if you could sneak an overnight in the dunes area or the woods with the squirrels. Used to live not far from Banks, the other side of Southport, so vaguely recall that's a nice area to walk.

Reactions: beneechi

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Have you looked at some of the coastal regions Southport to is it Ainsdale? I wonder if you could sneak an overnight in the dunes area or the woods with the squirrels. Used to live not far from Banks, the other side of Southport, so vaguely recall that's a nice area to walk.
I wouldn’t try it, there are rangers covering everything from the Ribble estuary south to the military range at Altcar. There are actually byelaws prohibiting camping so it isn’t just trespassing, you could receive a fixed penalty fine. The properties are run by the council, The National trust and the Nature Conservancy Council, all of them are well equipped and take the no camping thing seriously.

Last edited:

nurvware

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2013
Wirral
Arrive late, leave early, leave no trace, dont be a [insert choice of phrase here]

Many of us dont have the luxury of owning land or having a permission. I regularly sleep on council owned woodland.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
There was a local Bushcraft Group around the Crosby area, if I remember right they had something to do with MilitaryMart in Burscough, (sponsorship I think ) so maybe worth contacting MM for contact info, I think the group had their own woodland.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Arrive late, leave early, leave no trace, dont be a [insert choice of phrase here]

Many of us dont have the luxury of owning land or having a permission. I regularly sleep on council owned woodland.
I would add to this. Don’t light a fire because the smell if smoke carries a long way on the sea breeze and they take it very seriously. Be careful where you park. Overnight parking around the National Trust or Formby point sticks out like a sore thumb. The access down lifeboat Rd and car parks are well known for cruising or dogging so the police watch them. Victoria Rd is like millionaires row so again, the police watch it.
I grew up in that area and know it well, the character of the beach changes at dusk as the d***heads and scallies take over the areas nearest to the access roads and boardwalks. I know this for a fact because I used to fish that beach and was there at low tide, whatever the time of day or night.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE