Merino wool itch.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 6, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
I'm wearing the silk leggings/long John's I bought, and they are nice and cosy and no static. No angry bees. Win win!
Lucky you, for Christmas i got an off the shoulder dress woven with 7%metal fibres. It sparkles and looks fabulous, but it is cut to prevent anything being worn under it, it itches and it is totally cold. Still going to wear it and not complain.

auscam

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
I have bought several merino under layers, but never been able to wear them for more than a few minutes. They itch like mad!
I do have sensitive skin, and have rarely been able to wear any woollen item next to my skin. Even a woolen jumper has to have a long sleeved shirt, and another cotton shirt over that to be able to wear a woolen jumper. Unless it's a v neck, I also have to wear a scarf around my neck or it irritates my chin.
So does anyone have a solution to this princess and the pea situation?
I have washed my vests several times as advised to soften the fibres, and used fabric conditioner all to no avail.
Is there an alternative apart from synthetic.?
How can I make my investment wearable?
Am I doomed to wearing synthetic thermals?
Minus 33, all day. That and Weatherwool (££££!) is about the only wool that I can wear NTS.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Love my merino wool garments. I have leggings, under shirts, and glove liners and never get cold!

Not cheap to be honest with you but worth every penny to stay warm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobnewboy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE