Mendip Way - Frome to W-S-M

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 30, 2010
South West UK
Hi There, New Member Here after some advice. On the above walk, It about 50miles total, and I'm Thinking of solo'ing it.

Basicly i wanna do a few nights away so i'm looking for anyone who could recommend some handy stops to stop over at.

If anyone has any suggestion please feel free to reply

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Bit of a late reply

I have done it the other way i.e Uphill to Fome there is a book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Uphill-From...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283684590&sr=8-1 Which I did read but got from the library

Its relatively easy going and takes in some really nice places over the Mendips and down to the coast; plenty of spots to camp i particularly enjoyed walking past the Bishops palace in Wells to a small wood and camping in there; jolly handy for popping into Wells for refreshments
The beauty of a walk like this is that arrive late and leave early is just what you want to be doing anyway
Another highlight for me was Cheddar Moor which I didnt even know exisited and its a really nice spot woods below it before, or in your case after Cheddar are good for camping but you would probably choose to camp above Cheddar Gorge for the views
I did it this summer In winter it can be very muddy in parts
Enjoy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE