Meeting Cegga part 1 (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi there,
Thought it was about time i posted a few pic's of my recent meet up with Cegga.

When i found out i was going to Sweden as a supprize for my 40th, i asked for advice and information on the "out and about" forum as to where to go and what to do in the area where we were staying. I could hardly believe my luck when Cegga very kindly invited me to visit him and see where he makes his axes.
Cegga works for Hultafors at the Hults Bruk foundry in Aby, Ostergotland.

Sweden2007155.jpg

Sweden2007156.jpg

He has a very understanding boss that lets him use the facilities at the foundry to make his axes.

Sweden2007079.jpg

Sweden2007082.jpg

A few pictures of the axe making process with Cegga's colleague's in action.

The raw material.
Sweden2007071.jpg

Being heated up.
Sweden2007087.jpg

The hammering.
Sweden2007081.jpg

Sweden2007083.jpg

Sweden2007084.jpg

Sweden2007085.jpg

Sweden2007086.jpg

Sweden2007089.jpg

Sweden2007095.jpg

Sweden2007092.jpg

Sweden2007093.jpg

Sweden2007098.jpg

Sweden2007097.jpg

Sweden2007096.jpg

Right enough for now but part 2 to follow

U

unused[nl]

he ain't hamering it him self? is it a machine or something? please explain more!

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Thanks for that i always wondered how they mass produce axes..

looks interesting

Bill

Yes you can make many but you can make many with high quality. The press are powerfull so you can tigh the iron much more that you can do with just a hammer .But not all axes are made in this press some makes in air hammers to .
Cegga

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
How does hultafors compare to gransfors? I found a good resource for them, but didn't found much info about them.

Guess if Cegga works there, they're pretty good :D

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
How does hultafors compare to gransfors? I found a good resource for them, but didn't found much info about them.

Guess if Cegga works there, they're pretty good :D

You can not compare the B-R axe and the hultafors ,GB axe they are not the same axe. The B-R axe are more a custom make axe that i do on my spare time .
But if you want my view of the difference on GB- and hultafors they are small same forge same steel .they buy the handle from the same company .But they are not the same handle style. The grinding are where you can see the most differnce on some of the axe modell . And the Hultafors are a axe made by Hults Bruk .I am not a expert on use axe but I have made some :lmao: s so I just say on the technology part
And let other expert say on the use part .And I am not in to say this one or that one I think both are good axes in good Swedish steel . But there can always be **** behind the tongs :lmao: :D
Cegga

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi Stew
no unfortunately i did'nt get any video footage :( It was really interesting watching the different stages of production though and there will be more pic's in part 2.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE