Meet Mr Archie Bald

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Say hello to Mr Archie Bald, Archie despite his apparent years was only born a couple of weeks ago and apart from his cap, is knitted in his entirety, his cap is also home made and is from some scrap material, actually the leg of an old pair of trousers, waste not - want not.

DSCN0425a.jpg

So who knitted him?, nope not me, the old dear did it for something to keep her occupied when it's raining and she cant get out in the garden or up the lane for a walk.

We thought he needed a hand tool to use, so today i made him a traditional wooden rake.

DSCN0363a.jpg

More on that here http://kepisbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/wooden-rake.html.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Like that :approve: .

Nah that's his wife, Hazel. Hard to get a good pic of her as she always looks a bit wooden.

:sad6:

O dear Dec :nono:

Good work Kepis and co, I'm sat half watching my old dear knitting for a change

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers people.

@ Decorum, not only is she wooden, but she is as skinny as a rake:) - ok, i'll get my coat:sulkoff:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
As I seem to have derailed your thread :eek: ~ do you have a link to the pattern or was it made to herself's acquired knowledge?

She worked form a pattern, i'll see if i can get a good enough scan of it and post it up as a link

Anzia

Nomad
Sep 25, 2012
Derbyshire
I totally saw that one coming... I can't take it any more, not gonna stick around much longer!

Uh, just realised I forgot the reason I posted in the first place was to say that I like Mr Archie Bald very much - good work the Kepis's!

Edit: Kepis, if you can find the pattern that would be great as my friend was looking to make something like this for her granddaughter :)

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
My mum knits authentic scotsmen! Bagpipes, kilt, sporren and in different colours.
They even come anatomically correct!!!
Yes in other words if you lift there kilts they have all the trimmings lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE