Meet in the Pentlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Just a thought but can you canoe on any of the resevoirs, if so I could bring mine if anyone wants
to try it.

Soloman.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Hi All, thanks for your replies and interest, I'm looking forward to getting back in touch with you all again. So far We have Toddy, John C, Soloman, Gregorach, Miyagi, Scottpix, d-day66, Seabass, BarnOwl, Sabot, Canoedude and Thoaken. Canoes are defintely allowed on the reservoirs so feel free to bring them along. When it comes to the day, the best plan is to park at the Threipmuir or Harlaw reservoir car parks and walk in. That takes 20 to 30 minutes. I should be able to get a hold of a 4x4 mule to carry big kit up if required.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
That sounds great,if I bring my canoe is it possible to get close enough to drop it off and then park in the carpark.
Soloman

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Soloman: you might be best going to the Threipmuir car park, then using your canoe to gt to the other end of the reservoir.

Sep 29, 2013
Fife
Hi All, thanks for your replies and interest, I'm looking forward to getting back in touch with you all again. So far We have Toddy, John C, Soloman, Gregorach, Miyagi, Scottpix, d-day66, Seabass, BarnOwl, Sabot, Canoedude and Thoaken. Canoes are defintely allowed on the reservoirs so feel free to bring them along. When it comes to the day, the best plan is to park at the Threipmuir or Harlaw reservoir car parks and walk in. That takes 20 to 30 minutes. I should be able to get a hold of a 4x4 mule to carry big kit up if required.
Room for two more please? Myself and other half happy to help with any work needing done. Will keep an eye out for more info and feel free to pm
Cheers
Irene

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
I take it the car park is in redford wood,so id trolley the canoe along from there then turn right into the res and paddle to the other end.
Soloman

greensurfingbear

Doubt I'll be attending now as we get keys for new house on the 21st. Dont think SWMBO would be impressed if I popped away for the weekend leaving all the unpacking and sorting out.

Shame as Ive yet had the opportunity to visit our sister regional park.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I take it the car park is in redford wood,so id trolley the canoe along from there then turn right into the res and paddle to the other end.
Soloman

The Car Park is called Threipmuir Car Park, but yeah it is Redford wood. Your Plan is a good one. :)

scottpix

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
edinburgh
Might bring along my canoe as well, just not sure were to park my motor, I have used both Thriepmuir and Harlaw in the past, but not over night, just wondering about security.
Maybe drop my gear off first and park down the road then walk back up the hill, what are the rest of you guys doing ?

Scott

Mar 19, 2014
Edinburgh
Hi Crafters,
Rob Suggested i join this conversation as i will be a Youth Vision Volunteer and key Holder to the building. im not a bushcrafter as such, but youth vision is teaching me loads and i would like to get in to it a bit more, i may bring along my attempt at raffia string which might be of interest to anyone who has made nettle cordage. i will be around friday to monday, unless it get drek.

regards,

steven

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'll be busy on the Monday. :(

In fact as it turns out I'll be busy over a lot of the weekend. I'll be around all day Friday and Saturday but cant stay over. :( I might make it up on Sunday. Work/ kids/ life has sucked up some time.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all. I've not been very active on the forum recently and now that the kids are *both* reaching the age where I can take them out for a night in the woods (3.5 yrs and 8 months), I need to get my act together. I'm hoping that this will create some warm new relationships for me and for the Youth Vision charity which is teaching young folk good stuff in a lovely setting and is worth supporting for that alone. Check the website to get an insight into the Charity and the Croft. The Croft site is undergoing renovation and may seem a bit messy but when the work is finished it'll be a great venue for teaching and BCUK meets could be a feature of that If you're all up for it. If this one goes well I hope to arrange another in the summer, which I'd be sure to camp out at, with the kids.

Can you all please confirm if you're coming, when, with whom and with what kit so that we can make arrangements. Steven and I will be in touch throughout Friday to make sure you're all sorted.

Warm Regards

Rob

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi Rob , I'll be up over the weekend probably all day Saturday
not sure if I'm allowed to stay over as I was away all last weekend .
My youngest daughter Erin (15) might come along unless she has a party on , will be travelling by bus and foot so won't need transport .
I'll bring along some of my carving tools if anyone wants to try making a spoon .
Craig. .......

Last edited:

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Hi All.

We'll need some confirmations by tomorrow am or we might have to consider cancelling...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE