meat for long term packing.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
hello guys,i have just recently started taking the lidl chorizo with me,to add to meals or just as a snack,they are only £1.99 at the moment and have a useby of four months unrefrigerated. anyone else have any ideas?
chorizo_zps690406f0.png

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Justin,

There's a plethora of Beef Jerky and biltong vendors online like this one. Can be pricy unless buying in bulk though due to mail prices. Lucky enough to have some local(ish) butchers who sell it near me. Or dead easy to make yourself with little or no equipment. (Could be a fun project for you and the ankle biters).

The Chinese wholesalers do various things along that line, one of my favourites is a pork floss for use in sushi though I like it as a snack or for adding to stews. It's pretty easy to make too http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Pork-Floss

You can also use those dehydrators and it takes any worry out of the making.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I cut them into small cubes (maybe 1/2 cm cubes), freeze them, then use them as I need to. I pick up a chorizo from the butcher once a month, and they go well in a lot of things. They're a very very good addition to pea and ham soup, or to omelettes etc. They're versatile, and if you cook them up and collect the oil (through a muslin) they give you a great cooking oil!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE