MCQ Bushmaster knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Does anyone have any experience of this knife? It looks pretty useful and I believe there are some about to become available but I'd love to hear of anyone's experience of it before getting too excited. I've watched Mike's film and he does a pretty convincing job in singing its praises but, as I said, I'd love to hear of anyone else's experience.

Many thanks for any informed contributions!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Hmmmm. I did notice that he seems to dress a lot of game with it, along with splitting seasoned wood - or so he said in the little film that's on his website; not so much of the carving and crafting that seems to make up a large proportion of my time in the woods... His arguments against the scandi grind do make sense but I have to admit that I like that grind and it is next to impossible to teach an old dog new tricks!

Although a handsome enough knife, maybe it is one that I might not go for. It'll save me some money, too!

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
I had one for a few months, I personally found the blade a little wider than I like, but the quality of knife was nothing short of perfect..
Now I've got back in to shooting it would probably get more use!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
The quality of it was one of the main attractions. I did wonder about the width of the blade - your answer has satisfied my curiosity about that. I would like to hear about its performance when working with wood - and not just splitting logs!

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have considered one of these myself. With the exception of the steel used they aren't a lot different from the Esee 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE