Maxpedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alvariam

Jan 13, 2022
Kettering
Although a newbie in the forum I have had for a few years a Maxpedition Proteus waist bag. Now, it is a well made bag but the main compartment opening is very restrictive for larger items.
Would members advise keeping or perhaps look for something else. I quite like the looks of the Helikon chest bag, although not quite the ideal for walking around town !

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
Although a newbie in the forum I have had for a few years a Maxpedition Proteus waist bag. Now, it is a well made bag but the main compartment opening is very restrictive for larger items.
Would members advise keeping or perhaps look for something else. I quite like the looks of the Helikon chest bag, although not quite the ideal for walking around town !
I have one too and never use it. I just carry a back pack for most things. Or a shoulder bag if I plan to take little. Because it is expensive, I use my Filson Journeyman backpack for everything. Have to get me money's worth. The Frost River Grand Marais Mailbag is a good small shoulder bag that can hold quite a bit. Was even thinking of pairing the too if I wanted to carry water and snacks more accessibly without having to remove the pack. We often graze on the move on trails.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE