Maxpedition TacTies vs. Blackhawk STRIKE Speedclips MOLLE Attachment System

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I've recently tried both the Maxpedition TacTies and the Blackhawk STRIKE Speedclips for attaching modular pouches to my bag.

Here is my FAK kit attached to my bag with TacTies:

And here it is attached with Speedclips

In terms of how securely they hold the pouch, they are both solid. It's not going anywhere when correctly attached with either of these. Installation is a right bugger with both of them - expect sore fingernails afterwards. For removal, the Blackhawk comes out on top. You unhook the clip at the bottom and then simply pull from the top - no undoing the weave at all.

Despite them both being secure, I would say the Blackhawk holds the pouches tighter, especially if you go to the trouble of hooking the end clips over both the bag and pouch webbing. The pouches feel physically part of the bag, whereas with the Maxpedition system there is noticeable flex. In the case of my fairly large FAK this produces a slight swinging motion when walking which is quite irritating.

The blackhawk clips are also noticeably cheaper costing £5.95 for 3 pairs on Heinnie Haynes, vs. the same price for 2 pairs of Maxpedition Tacties.

All of my MOLLE pouches are now held in place with the Blackhawk clips. I've almost finished customising my bag, the only thing I still want to try is making the FAK quick release. I've got some "Molly Stix" on order from the US for exactly that purpose. Expect a review soon.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE