Maxpedition Bottle Holder owners?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rich.H

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
N.Ireland
I've been looking at the two versions of this and hoping to go for the 10x4 model. My only issue is will this take a 58 pattern bottle? The bottle is a little under 4.5" in width which should mean it's a no go for the 10x4. But if anyone owns one, can you tell me how much play there is in the pouch?

I have a few maxpedition items so know how stiff they are from new, but is this bottle holder flexible or does it have any sort of rigid frame inside?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I managed to fit a US 1 quart canteen in the condor version but I believe the Brit bottle is chunkier

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Be aware, the MaxP sizing isn't very generous.
I got the larger one for a brew kit, and my stove (that is within the dimensions on the website) doesn't fit.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Both the 10x4 and 12x5 will fit a 40oz Klean Kanteen or Nalgene bottle with either the Tatonka Folding Cup or the identical GSI Glacier Cup.

In the 12x5, you can sit the 40oz canteen bottle inside the cup. In the 10x4, you can flip the cup upside-down and slide it over the top of the 40oz canteen bottle.

As for the Pat 58 bottle... it fits in the 12x5 diagonally (I just tested it for you) but I can't get it to comfortably fit the 10x4, but I wouldn't personally recommend that bottle with the Maxped bottle pouch anyway!

Rich.H

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
N.Ireland
Thanks for the replies looks like I'll have to just go with the 12x5. SJStuart was the fit in the 12x5 a comfortable one? Would it happily take the crusader mug also?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
you'd be better off with the Maxpedition M4 but even that will be a tight fit for the Brit setup as irs designed for the US GI Canteen set

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
There is a layer of padding between the inner and outer but the whole will still flex and can even be folded flat.

If you want a cheaper option you might want to take a look at this, and the seller's other items ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Molle-Zippe...ng_ShootingSports_ET&var=&hash=item1e7ad5a882

For anyone wondering whether this item is worth a punt, it's an absolute yes.

I've got a couple of this design of water bottle from this seller as well as a few other bits and their gear is solid, well made and customer service is great. Items can take up to a month to arrive but a major saving on uk prices is brilliant.

No connection etc, just very satisfied customer.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Thanks for the replies looks like I'll have to just go with the 12x5. SJStuart was the fit in the 12x5 a comfortable one? Would it happily take the crusader mug also?
No way it'll take the mug, sadly.

I'd replace "comfortable" with "snug" too... the shape complicates things ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE