Maxpedition 12x5 and Wild Woodgas stove..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
Hi all,

I hope this is in the right place.

Does anyone know if a Wild Woodgas stove would fit into a Maxpedition 12 x 5 Bottle holder or similar?
I've measured my Wild Woodgas stove and at it's widest it's slightly over the 5 inches wide so I know it'd be tight but if it could then my dreams of MY perfect cookset would be coming true...

Cheers Ken.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
My homemade woodgas stove is 4 7/8" and it'll go in with a struggle; I only put it half way in as it's clear to me that I wouldn't get it out again. 5" won't go, I'm afraid :(

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
Cheers for the quick replies.

I thought as much.
Oh well at least my wallet can breath easy the maxpedition gear is as pricey as it is lovely.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
Now then anyone know of a good quality and slightly bigger than maxpedition 12 x 5 clone?

I'm determined to fit my Wild Woodgas stove into my cookpot set..

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Get a pair of trousers you're not going to use again, charity shop if you don't have any, and sew or get somebody to sew one end closed with a disc of material so you end up with a tube; a drawstring at the other end
and you've got a good carry. If you have trouble with sewing take 'em to a Timpson's shop, they mostly have a machine on the premises and in my experience the people are really helpful there.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
Get a pair of trousers you're not going to use again, charity shop if you don't have any, and sew or get somebody to sew one end closed with a disc of material so you end up with a tube; a drawstring at the other end
and you've got a good carry. If you have trouble with sewing take 'em to a Timpson's shop, they mostly have a machine on the premises and in my experience the people are really helpful there.

Really nice idea. Surprised I hadn't come across it before. Definitely gonna try this.
cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE